How am I selling this? By convincing you to join my Birdathon team, The Bloggerhead Shrikes, to raise money for the Audubon Society of Portland!
And nothing sells something like a Top 5 list, right? So here we go. The Top 5 reasons you should join my team:
1. My team rules because you are spared the awkward socialization with other bird nerds. That's right, you get to bird on your own, but still be on a team! It's perfect! Surely it's not just me that sees it that way, right???
2. If you join my team you can bird wherever the heck you want. You can bird your local patch. You can bird in your backyard with a cooler of cold beers by your side. You can bird in freakin Florida. It's ALL GOOD.
3. My team birds WHENEVER they want! That's right. Anytime between April 25th and June 8th, 2014 is LEGIT. Do I really need to explain how awesome that is any further? I think you get it.
4. Joining my team will help raise money and awareness for the Audubon Society. Don't you want them to keep fighting the good fights? Yes. Yes you do.
protect forage fish so birds like these scoters have plenty to eat
5. You should join my team because you like me and my blog! And if nobody joins my team I will be so sad that I will quit birding and blogging forever. But thank you to the brave souls Ivan, Sondra, and Sarah & Max, who have already joined!
So are you sold yet? Yeah? Sweet! Sign up here!! It doesn't cost anything to sign up, but you can always get your sugar daddy or your rich boss to pledge you! Also, if you are still not sold on the actual joining of my team (I get it, I'm not much of a joiner either), then donate through my Birdathon page! Audubon still gets some money and the birds are still better off because of YOU.
Yay, go team!